Dictionary of Electrical Engineering

Commonly used terms in the Electrical industry.

an amplifier device for UHFTV signals that combines aspects of a tetrode (grid modulation) with a klystron (velocity modulation of an electron beam). The result is a more efficient, less expensive device for many applications. (Klystrode is a trademark of EIMAC, a division of Varian Associates.)