Dictionary of Electrical Engineering

Commonly used terms in the Electrical industry.

a rigid, hollow cylindrical insulator which surrounds a conductor and which extends through a metal plate such as a the wall of a transformer tank so as to insulate the conductor from the wall.
bushing transformer
a potential transformer which is installed in a transformer bushing so as to take advantage of the insulating qualities of that bushing.