As the final article on voltage drop and cable selection series, I am now providing a complete worksheet for cable selection based on the IEC standards 60228 and 60364-5-54. I created the worksheet in such a way that it could be printed with your company name, logo, your project, your name, cable number, load description and many more.
The cable data reference sheet is contains data from a particular cable manufacturer, consult your cable manufacturer for project specific values.
Some notes on the use of the cable calculation worksheet.
- Cable data provided in here are based on a manufacturer's datasheet. Refer to your cable manufacturer for project specific values.
- Cable calculation is based on IEC standards.
- Load data is based on motor load and 3 phase. Modify accordingly depending on the type of load supplied by the cable.
- This calculation is just a sample. It is always a good practice to verify the results.
- I"k should be based on the short circuit calculation result. It is not part of this worksheet.
- Please read the Disclaimer Statement before using this calculation worksheet.
The cable calculation worksheet could be found at the download section.